Should I or shouldn't I?
Teresa M Shafer - For books that kindle thought and ignite the imagination!
My Blog

Should I or shouldn't I?

OMG! I love football! I never really realized just how much I loved this game until I got the chance to actually play it a few years ago. When I step onto the field with or without gear I want to just play and play and play. But then at the end of last season I got injured fairly severely and I never thought that I would play again. Well the Doc says that I need surgery to make it better and to make the pain stop and I was offered a position as the Team Manager of the Reno Reapers and I thought that would be enough. However... after today I'm thinking that it may not be enough.

Then of course I'm faced with the decision of puting my body through the pounding and pain that another season of football would inflict or sit on the sidelines and let younger women have all the fun. Okay, that didnt sound like I was leaning in any particular direction did it? This is a serious decision time.

Last year I feel that I was kind of robbed of my chance to play. The Coach did not like to put me into the game much. So I practiced a lot, ran a lot and put in a lot of extra time in the gym so I wouldnt be tired on the field and yet I only played for a total of about 5 or 6 minutes while others never left the field. Now I'm not begrudging those women for getting that opportunity and I'm not so sure that I would have traded places with them. But I would have liked to have played a few more minutes at least.

At any rate here I am. I have the chance to play again. This time, this year I would probably actually clock some game time and I would have a blast. But my body would take a beating. So my friends what shall I choose? One more season of unfettered fun and unbelievable pain or a season of helping others to realize and maximize their football dreams? One other thought, can I do both?

I have to sit on this and let you know. Be good to each other.

P.S. I was too busy playing to take pics.... next week.

16 Comments to Should I or shouldn't I?:

Comments RSS
Joann Mosher on Monday, January 21, 2013 6:52 AM
Have you had your surgery already? If not, then DO THAT first. Once you've healed, then you can consider beating your body up some more. Just my $.02 and NSHO

Teresa on Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:16 PM
Heehehehe, party pooper! (Said with a grin and a giggle). You would have to point out the obvious wouldnt you? But that's what friends are for.

hair pastels on Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:55 AM
I do consider all of the concepts you have offered for your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for newbies. May just you please prolong them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

Teresa on Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:39 PM
Hair: Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Newer posts are much longer. You are reading content from months ago while I was still learning how to do this thing.

tibet reisen on Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:58 AM
My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on several websites for about a year and am worried about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress posts into it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Teresa on Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:37 PM
I know of no way to transfer web content from one site to another without cutting and pasting mass quantities. But your friend who is so keen for you to change might have some helpful hints. Good luck and choose wisely.

plastic bag designs on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 9:10 AM
Hello very nice web site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your website and take the feeds also�I am satisfied to search out a lot of helpful information here in the post, we need develop more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

Teresa on Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:46 PM
I'm glad that you enjoy it. Thanks for reading.

cross bracelet on Monday, June 10, 2013 3:58 AM
Simply wish to say your article is as astounding. The clarity on your post is just great and i could assume you're an expert in this subject. Fine along with your permission allow me to clutch your feed to stay updated with coming near near post. Thank you a million and please carry on the rewarding work.

Ray Ban Sunglasses Cheap on Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:56 PM
Very good, thanks for sharing

Teresa on Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:39 PM
I'm glad that I could help. Thanks for reading.

Teresa on Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:48 PM
Thank you for reading. I can get long winded some times, so if you want more, there is always more. Thanks again.

andaman tour packages on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:06 AM
Good ?I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task..

Teresa on Friday, July 26, 2013 7:03 PM
Thank you for your kind words. I'm always happy when my thoughts can brighten someone's day.

Gate Peng sieve on Thursday, September 25, 2014 4:10 AM
There are some attention-grabbing points in time on this article but I don't know if I see all of them heart to heart. There is some validity however I'll take hold opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish extra! Added to FeedBurner as well

ray ban aviators sale on Thursday, January 22, 2015 2:51 AM
Very good written information. It will be valuable to everyone who employess it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing - i will definitely read more posts.